Why I Am Practicing Gratitude For A Healthy Lifestyle
Instead of dwelling on the negative aspects of 2020, I am starting with a positive attitude for this upcoming year. I have done a lot of reflecting on all the good things that came out of the past year.
GRATITUDE is the quality of being thankful as well as possessing a readiness to share appreciation for people, or things, and especially yourself! It’s all about taking time each day to think about the positive things in your life. It doesn’t mean you’re ignoring the negative situations-you’re simply choosing to reframe your perspective and focus on the positive.
This leads to many physical and mental health benefits including:
- Enhanced positive emotions and behaviors, such as happiness, appreciation, patience, and empathy
- Fewer toxic emotions, such as envy, resentment, and regret
- Better sleep
- Improved energy, decreased stress, blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar control
If 2020 has taught us anything it is appreciation and gratitude!
* My biggest accomplishment was publishing my first book, “My Weight Loss Journey: Losing over 120 Pounds and keeping it off”. This was also therapeutic for me, which is what I needed.
* We also took advantage of the large amount of space in our basement and turned into an amazing workout area for my Pilates reformers, dumbbells, kettlebells, mats, etc! We put in new flooring and painted. I couldn’t be happier with the results.
* I also was able to post some Reform with Rachel youtube videos for clients and anyone really could do at home. We all know how important exercise is at this time.
* I learned a lot about technology! I also incorporated virtual training sessions for my clients via Zoom, and actually still use it.
* I was able to spend a lot of time with my kids at home, even though schooling was a bit challenging for my daughter and also figuring out a workspace. I was glad I was able to help her the best I could.
I encourage you to focus on your own personal accomplishments and positive aspects of 2020!