Vegetarian taco mushroom “meat”
This is a nice alternative for a vegetarian meal. Something different for the Lenten season as well.
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- ½- ¾ cup of finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 small diced onion
- 3 tablespoons of taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili or taco seasoning
- 1 small diced tomato
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast or ¼ cup of cheddar cheese
- Chopped peppers or jalapenos or crushed red pepper- optional
- Microwave cauliflower for about 3 minutes and squeeze excess water out ( i use a nut bag).
- Spray a skillet and cook the mushrooms, onion, cauliflower rice and peppers if using on medium heat until browned.
- Add the cream cheese, tomato, taco sauce, seasoning to the mixture. You can add ore taco sauce or a little water if it’s too dry. Let it simmer to thicken up.
- Make a lettuce wrap or a carrot wrap. Top with sour cream.
- Notes~ I made a chili from my leftovers. I added some tomato sauce and paste. You can also make nachos, spread some tortilla chips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with mixture and cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.