Taco Stuffed peppers
- 1 pound of ground beef or chicken
- 2-3 green peppers
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup of shredded mexican or cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Pepperoni slices-optional
- Green onion or sliced olives for topping-optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops of the green peppers and scoop out the seeds, set aside.
- In a large sprayed skillet, cook your ground meat on medium until no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning and a ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. I added some diced onion in with the beef.
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture and top with cheese, pepperoni, green onion or olives.
Note- I cooked my peppers on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to soften them up first.
4. Place stuffed peppers on the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.