BEEF, MUSHROOM AND RICOTTA STUFFED PEPPERS
-4-5 hot peppers
-1 pound of grass fed beef ( you can use ground turkey or chicken as well)
-1 cup chopped or sliced mushrooms
-1 cup of ricotta
-1 can of rotel or diced tomatoes
-2 tsp of garlic or garlic powder
-3 zucchini, spiralized
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice the top off each pepper lengthwise. I made 4 of them and chopped the extra one to put into the mixture.
2. In a pan, brown your beef and add garlic/garlic powder. Stir in mushrooms, ricotta, & rotel. Simmer for a few minutes.
3. Place your peppers in a baking dish. Scoop mixture into each pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. You can sprinkle some parmesan or cheese on top before baking if you wish.
5. Spiralize your zucchini and cook it in same pan you browned your beef for about 5-6 minutes,until soft. Transfer zucchini into a 9×13 baking dish. Place the remainder of the beef mixture over your spiralized zucchini and bake for 15 minutes.