Spinach artichoke & sausage Stuffed portabellas
- 4 chicken sausage-cut up into small pieces
- 3-4 portabellas or small white mushrooms
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp of garlic
- 1 bag of fresh spinach- I actually added more spinach. It depends how much you want. You can substitute frozen or canned
- ½ cup of cut up artichokes or artichoke pesto- I used a jar from Trader Joe’s
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese, feta, or parmesan – optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Scoop out the stems and inside of the mushrooms. Place them on a lined baking sheet and cook for about 5-8 minutes to soften them.
- In a sprayed large skillet, cook your sausage pieces and garlic on medium heat. Add in the spinach, cream cheese, and artichokes until combined.
- Stuff each mushroom until filled, sprinkle with cheese if you want. Cook for about 8 more minutes.
*Note~ you will have leftover stuffing. It’s good to eat on its own or freeze for another time.