Pizza Soup~Slow Cooker
- 1 pound of ground sausage, ground chicken, or ground beef ( lean & preferably organic)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic or garlic powder
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of ROTEL 10 oz or diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of diced red and green bell peppers
- 1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 3 oz of sliced organic pepperoni
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese for topping
- Additional ingredients-chopped mushrooms, olives, chopped onion
- Note- you can also use cooked shredded chicken.
- In a large sprayed skillet, brown your ground meat on medium until cooked or no longer pink. Add the minced garlic. If you are using onion or peppers I would suggest to throw these in the pan with the meat to soften them up.
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients except the mozzarella cheese. Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Top with mozzarella or parmesan.