Magic cookie bars~healthier version
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of crushed cinnamon “somersaults”-optional
- 4 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Water to moisten
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut
- Dark chocolate chips or chunks-melted with a tsp of coconut oil
Top layer~homemade condensed milk
- ½ cup of full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut palm sugar, honey or maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the ingredients for the crust and press into a lined 8 x8 baking dish. You will have to moisten your hands a bit.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In the meantime make your condensed milk. Is a saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave your chocolate with a tsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. Pour over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the chocolate. Finally pour the condensed milk over the entire dish and bake for 12-15 minutes.