LOW CARB LASAGNA-PASTA FREE
Beef layer and toppings:
-1 pound ground beef- you can make this vegetarian if you prefer
-1 cup spinach
-1 cup of pasta sauce
-1 small zucchini
-¼ cup sliced mushrooms
-Slices of pepperoni for top
Cauliflower rice layer:
-1 bag riced cauliflower
-¼ cup parmesan
-1 tsp italian seasoning
-½ tsp garlic powder
-¾ cup ricotta
¼ cup parmesan or shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, brown your ground beef and set aside.
2. Cook the riced cauliflower and squeeze out moisture. I love using a “nut bag”. It works wonders!
3. Slice your zucchini and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, and cheese.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together cauliflower rice, egg, seasonings and cheese.
Place that mixture in a 8×8 lined or sprayed baking dish. Press into dish and bake
For 15 minutes.
6. Layer the beef on top of the rice layer, then pasta sauce, spinach, mushrooms, ricotta layer, and zucchini. Top with pepperoni and cheese if you wish.
7. Bake another 10-12 minutes.