Lemon Cookies~Low Carb
Yields about 20 small cookies.
- ¼ cup of butter
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- Juice from 1 lemon- about 3-4 tablespoons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of almond flour
- Optional ingredients- ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder, 3 tablespoons of cream cheese or 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Beat in the egg and baking powder. Slowly add the almond flour.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to make a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool and store in the fridge after a day.