THIN MINT COOKIES-WITH ALMOND FLOUR
These are a healthier version of a “thin mint” cookie.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder- or 2 tbls cocao powder
- 1 tablespoon of sweetner- coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate
- ¼ tsp mint or peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine almond flour, sweetener, butter, protein powder, baking soda, salt, extracts, and egg in a bowl. If the dough is a little crumbly add a little almond milk. Refrigerate dough for about 10-15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into balls and flatten them out with your fingers. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in microwave for a minute. Add mint extract.
- Pour or dip the cooled cookies into the chocolate. Store in freezer or in fridge.