Eggplant & Spaghetti squash casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 large eggplant- peeled and diced
- ½ cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 can of rotel
- ½ cup of pasta sauce
- ¼ cup of chopped or diced mushrooms
- ½ cup of mozzarella for top layer
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning
- Cut your spaghetti squash lengthwise. Tips: Pierce with a very sharp knife, you can microwave it for 2 minutes to soften it for easier cutting.
- After it is cut lengthwise scoop out the seeds and place down on a lined baking dish. Bake at 375 for approximately 30 minutes or until soft enough to pull apart. It’s best if you squeeze out the moisture after removing it from the skins.
- Place your diced eggplant on a sprayed baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet and cook your mushrooms, add the scooped out spaghetti squash, rotel, sauce, seasoning, ricotta, and eggplant. Combine all ingredients and transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella. Add pepperoni if you wish!
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted.