Creamy Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower-cut into florets
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 1 small red pepper-diced
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or coconut milk
- 3 cups of chicken or veggie broth & 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of of broccoli florets- I used frozen
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast or cheddar cheese
1. In a large sprayed pot, add your cauliflower florets to the skillet. Cook on medium heat until softened. You can also roast the cauliflower in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth to the cauliflower. Remove from the pot . In a blender place the cauliflower and broth and puree it, you can leave some florets out if you would like.
2. Cook your broccoli in the microwave for 4 minutes and set aside.
3. In the same pot, cook your onion and peppers on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the cauli puree back in along with the broccoli,garlic powder, the remainder of the broth, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and slowly add the nutritional yeast or cheese. Simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.