Almond Flour Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 2 eggs + 1 “flax egg”( 1 tablespoon of flaxseed in 2 tablespoons of water) or 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of coconut oil- softened
- 4 tablespoons of butter-softened
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar, honey or protein powder -optional
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of ginger- optional but helps the bread rise
- ⅓ cup of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine the coconut oil, butter, and extracts. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer until “fluffy”. This will make the bread a little less dense. I usually beat them for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the eggs into the wet ingredients. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, ginger, cinnamon, and apple cider vinegar. Add half of the raisins and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9×5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed. Swirl in additional cinnamon and the remainder of the raisins.
- Bake for 35 -40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.