CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES (WITH ALMOND FLOUR)
I had a couple of clients this week with birthdays so I shared some healthier ( of course) cupcakes with them. You can substitute another sweetener of your choice.
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or a combination of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter-optional
- Almond milk, coconut milk or water to thin for consistency
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Mini chocolate chips-optional
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with liners or spray muffin tins.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add sweetener, oil, butter, eggs, extracts and milk, mix well.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ of the way. Bake about 25 minutes.
- Top with whip cream!