HOW I STOPPED SABOTAGING MY WEEKEND
I would be “good” all weekend but then Friday night would come and ordering pizza became a ritual. I really didn’t feel like cooking, my kids were younger and it was just easier. Let’s face it, we all have that weekend mentality. So why do we feel like we have free range of eating and drinking just because it’s a certain day of the week? Possibly…
-Social aspect of going for dinner or breakfast=drinks and bigger portions
-Stressful week= drinks, food, dessert and convenience of take out
-habit= pizza every Friday or big Sunday dinners
-relaxation= no cooking= ordering or eating out
After a while, Monday’s started to suck, especially having to get on the scale!
Now you are paying the consequences. I believe 2 major reasons we have hard time with control on the weekends.
Give ourselves too much permission to eat and drink- feel we “deserve” it
Out of our normal weekday routine-during the week we tend to eat basically the same things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When the weekend comes we don’t have a plan.
TIPS FOR HAVING CONTROL OVER YOUR WEEKEND:
- Stick to “normal habits” as much as possible. Try to eat and exercise routinely. Stay on schedule with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Choose “better” not perfect. When you’re out to eat choose eggs and ham or bacon. Pick to have either toast or pancakes one day, not both.
3. Listen to your body. Chances are if you eat well during the week you will not want to overeat or make poor choices on the weekend. You will probably not feel good afterwards.
4. Pick one meal to “ splurge”. Instead of indulging in pizza on Friday, burgers and fries on Saturday and a big Sunday breakfast, pick one of those meals to “treat” yourself. Believe me it will be well worth it Monday morning!
5. Weigh in on Monday morning. This will help you stay on track and make better choices over the weekend. Even though you might be up on the scale after a couple of days of overeating, it will keep you accountable!