Apple Bake~Low Carb
- ¼ cup of pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil-melted
- 2 tablespoons of butter-softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 or peanut butter
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp of apple pie spice
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- Crushed walnuts-optional
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, spices, vanilla, sugar or protein powder and PB2.
3. Beat in the eggs, then baking soda and almond flour.
4. Microwave the diced apple with a little cinnamon for 2 minutes to soften them first. Stir them into the batter. Spread the batter into the pan.
5. Combine the ingredients for the topping. Sprinkle over the top of the batter. Add some water for the topping if needed. It should be crumbly. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream.