SPAGHETTI SQUASH FRITTERS
-1 large spaghetti squash
-1 tsp garlic
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese or shredded cheese of your choice. I tried it with cheddar as well!
– additional spices-optional
1. Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. It’s easier to cut if you pierce it and microwave it for 2 minutes first.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash upside down on parchment paper lined 9×13 dish.
3. Cook until tender and squash pulls apart with a fork, approximately 35 minutes.
4. Let cool and scoop out flesh into a mixing bowl. I highly recommend a “ nut bag” to squeeze all excess water from squash. A cheesecloth will work too but it’s a very important step!
5. Add egg, cheese, and spices to squash.
6. Form into patties and cook them in a sprayed pan until browned on both sides.